Monday, November 1, 2010

Ahoy, Me Halloween Maties!

We took our second annual Halloween trip to San Antonio this year, thanks to the most hospitable Maloneys. They are quite the opposite of the Veggie Tales' Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. They do everything and do it all the way. It was all kinds of fun. The bubble from last year made a reaappearance at Trunk or Treat at their church. We passed out glow in the dark bracelets and Maizie had fun bossing around older kids around "her bubble." On Sunday, the pirate ship was completed and Grant and Amanda had all the trick-or-treaters repeat the Pirate Oath to get a piece of their booty. Jason was an evil....sorry, I'm really not sure what Jason was, but he said funny things and held a musket while sitting in a canoe.

Maizie was a pirate princess. Instead of saying "Trick or Treat" at each door, Maizie said, "My name is Maizie and I am a pirate princess and this is Anderson he is my brother but today his is a PAR-rot not a PIR-ate and he doesn't say much and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!" We didn't make it very far.

One of my favorite memories from this year is when I had them both try on their costumes Friday. Anderson asked for a cracker and I asked Maizie to share hers with him. She followed him around saying "Polly want a cracker?" Wish I had a video camera for that one! Anyway, his costume was by far the easiest to make and I think it turned out cute for minimal effort. Here's my little bird.

Hope you all had a Happy Halloween. And thanks, Fancy Pants and Amanda, for making it one for the record books. Sorry we destroyed many of your worldly possessions. Treasure up in heaven, right?
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Kim P. said...

You seriously need to make my kids costumes next year! I love the parrot. Glad you guys had so much fun with Maloneys. And Maizie cracks me up, as always!

Angela Robinson said...

I am SO in love with your kids' costumes! The parrot is genius...one of my all-time favorites! Great job, Caren!

myra said...

So, so, so cute! I'm tres impressed! And I wouldn't have expected anything less from the Amazing Maloney's. Looks like such a fun time!

Noelle said...

So they have to be the second most fun Halloween people I know. Our good friends in Auburn really do it up every year at Halloween. That is so awesome. I want to go there.

Maizie and Anderson looked great! What were you?

When I read what Maizie said to the trick or treaters, I could totally hear her little (or maybe a little loud) voice saying all of that. I miss y'all!

Chez said...

Amazing! Love the costumes, Caren! And I love that you got to spend the weekend with the Maloneys - The Pirate Who Will Do Anything! :)

Amanda said...

:)

Sarah said...

Not sure if this is the best way to reach Caren, but you won Kabul24 from my book blog. You can email me at princess bride 42 at gmail dot com to get your book from me. Or I can give it to Kim or Briana since they evidently know you.