Thursday, May 22, 2008

Baby Brain

I had a friend that said when you're pregnant, the baby feeds off of your brain cells. Kind of a gross image, but I'm starting to think it's completely true. Either that, or I'm just a straight-up ditz. Anyway, in the past week I've had two "baby brain" incidents. First was a Red Box DVD that I placed on the roof while getting Maizie strapped in and completely forgot about until I was halfway home. I retraced my steps to no avail. So there goes $25 for a movie I didn't even get to watch!

The second incident involved my car keys. I actually have NO idea what happened to them, but I realized they were missing yesterday morning and blamed poor Maizie for it. I'm sure she'll get blamed for many things that are actually Baby #2's fault, so I guess it's time she got used to it. Anyway, I just got a call from the Austin Public Library that someone had found my keys near I-35 and Rundberg. What in the world? How could I lose my keys while driving? Anyway, I apologize in advance for the many more "baby brain" moments that will be coming in the next few months, and be sure not to let me to borrow anything of value to you!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I completely understand how you feel. I can't begin to tell you how many times I have like that, mainly because I have already forgotten them. At least this 3rd kid is stealing my memories of me doing the stupid things I do.

Angela Robinson said...

Maybe you put the keys on the roof of the car? Good luck...I'll testify to the reality of the "baby brain condition"