Friday, May 22, 2009

Taking Care of Anderson

I'm catching up today. Be forewarned. This was from 3 weeks ago.

So...I'm not really in a hurry to start Anderson on solid food, but I was trying to come up with something to keep Maizie occupied after lunch/before nap and said, "Why don't we feed Anderson. Wouldn't that be fun?" I went to the kitchen to get his rice cereal ready and I come back to the sandwich in his hands heading for his mouth. Thankfully, he didn't take a bite, but he sure loved squishing it. I can just see the headlines now, "Mom Feeds Infant PB&J as First Meal." I guess worse things have happened.

Here he is taking his real first meal. He did pretty good for a first attempt. In the weeks since, he's had a whole toddler package of applesauce, half a mushed up banana, and a bit of my mushroom stroganoff. Definitely not going by the "book" this time around...

After his first meal, Maizie decided that Anderson was sick and needed to see a doctor. Here, he's thinking, "Put down the scissors and step away from the baby".

Maizie's "Doctor Glasses" and a worn-out Anderson in the background.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Briana said...

By the third child, her first meal will be ice cream ... that was dripped on her by Anderson. I did the same thing. Bella was strictly baby foods, Bubba had more fun stuff, and Claire did not see much baby food at all.