Friday, March 11, 2011

Nana and Papa Visit

My parents came in from Michigan last week. We had a fun visit, including riding a glass-bottom boat in San Marcos, enjoying my Mom's birthday at the Oasis and them watching our kids overnight so we could go on a mini-vacation here in town. In case you aren't convinced that they are Yanks, my dad didn't bring a jacket (he's freezing in the picture below) and my mom laid out (as in sunbathed) when the temp climbed up to 71. Their love for us and their grandkids are so evident and it's fun to see our kids making memories with them. On Saturday, Jason and I took Anderson to a couple of birthday parties while my parents took Maizie to the Texas State Capital (aka "Maizie's Castle"). She was wearing her Belle dress, waving to her subjects from the balconies, and attempting to solve a mystery involving a "Prince Ghost". They do so much to help with the kids while they're in town, I always think they should plan a vacation after they get home from their vacation. Thanks for the fun visit, Ma and Pa!




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mark said...

My automatic blog update notifier thingy somehow uninstalled itself, so I'm just now seeing this. Just so you know, we are blessed with a wonderful daughter and son-in-law who are amazing parents. It's pure joy to swoop in periodically, spend time with the kids, give you a break, and act like we know what we're doing. I love making memories with Maizie and Anderson! What? I love making memories with Maizie and Anderson! O-o-o-o-h.