Thursday, May 31, 2007

Future Plans

Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."
James 4:13-15


So we got word today that we are #66 in line for a place at the Mueller Redevelopment! That means we may get a row house during the 1st phase of construction (early 2008, 40 row houses) if enough people drop out or might need to wait until the 2nd phase (later 2008?, 40 more). As soon as I read the email, I got goose bumps and started to get out a piece of paper to make a plan for the next couple of years for us.

Ironically (or Godically) enough, this week we are studying James 4 in our Care Group and the verse above kept running through my head. I have been saying, "Today or tomorrow, we will do this or that" for a long time. I live my life under the false security of my meticulous future plans, when I should be giving them over to Him.

So, yes, we are excited about the opportunity at Mueller and can't believe we may have the opportunity to afford a great place close to Jason's work and downtown Austin. But I am praying for the patience and flexibility to make sure that what I have in mind falls in line with what God has in mind.

3 comments:

Kim P. said...

I'm so excited for you, Jason, and Maizie! I pray that it works out and that you just love it there. I'm glad God answered prayers for a low number, and I will keep praying that it all works out smoothly for you in the coming months. Very exciting!!!

myra said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. Do you know that Wednesday night I dreamed that you and Tanya both got low numbers. Your's was 11 out of 11 and Tanya didn't tell me what her's was but she said it was lower than yours. How crazy is that??!!! So glad that dream came true for you guys. Now do we pray that people start dropping out??

Wendi said...

Way to go! That's so exciting!! Have a good weekend!