Monday, August 13, 2007

Old

Yesterday was my 29th birthday. It was a good day after that part where Maizie cried through church and we came home for leftovers so she could take a 4-hour nap and Jason could get some work done. Really though, after that, it was a great day. Jason gave me a really sweet note and we all went to the neighborhood pool for some family splash time. Then he let me veg at home while he went out to the store for groceries. He came back with a cake mix and made me a homemade birthday cake (chocolate with cream cheese icing--yummy). Here are some pics from the day.


She looks so grown up here. Like 40 maybe. Sad.

Here's a good teeth shot. Six peeking through and counting...

Licking the bowl and wearing Maizie's sunglasses. Birthdays make me want to revert.

Chef secret: Frost the cake in your living room next to the fish tank while watching Mythbusters.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hope you had a great birthday!!

Unknown said...

I had no idea it was your birthday! How did I not know this??? Glad it was good and happy!

Angela Robinson said...

Happy Birthday! A husband-made cake--how super sweet! (I love that you documented his "chef's secret's"...that's hilarious!)

Irma and Koby said...

Awww, I didn't even know your b-day was coming up! Happy belated birthday! Will you send me some of those pics that you took at the house? You're right, Maizie does look older in that one pic...I think it's the snazzy glasses!
Thanks for coming to hang out with us...we really had a blast and I'm sorry I didn't get to tell you bye at the shower.

Chez said...

I had no idea it was your birthday on Sunday - we should have sang to you during class!! I'm glad it was a goo one!!