Monday, April 21, 2008

One and One Half

I couldn't let today (yesterday now) go by without acknowledging it. My girl is officially halfway to two! I can't believe it's been a year and a half since Maizie came into our lives. On one hand, it seems like she's always been a part of us. On the other hand, I feel like I was just holding her for the first time yesterday. I LOVE her personality, her toothy smile, her long naps, her hugs and kisses, and even her stubborn "no's." I love every single thing about her.

The George girls got together for a no-babies-allowed weekend and Maizie stayed in the capable hands of Jason while we got to shop without strollers, eat without tantrums, and watch movies without interruption. It was glorious. I guess I was also taking a break from taking pictures, since I didn't take any.

4 comments:

Kim P. said...

Your shopping trip looked like a success! You looked great in your new clothes on Sunday =)

Alyssa said...

Isn't it crazy how quick they grow up?

And shopping without strollers? What was that like? I can't remember the last time I was shopping without my two kids.

Anonymous said...

I saw your pictures at the zoo on Myra's blog. Double stroller? Something to tell us?

A friend

Caren said...

Dear Anonymous,

I've had the stroller since Maizie was two months old. It was on clearance and it fits her car seat. And you know I'm a sucker for a deal! We'll be sure to keep the blog updated on any plans to fill seat No. 2!

Caren