Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Big One

Yesterday was my big 3-0. Let's just say, some gifts were more thoughtful than others.

Jason brought home flowers, wrote a very sweet note, took me to dinner and researched and bought a new camera to replace the one I broke last week (hence no piccies on the blog recently).

My girlfriends treated me to a really nice dinner at Bess Bistro last week and Amanda took me to L'Madeleine and treated me to lunch. Yummy girl food!

My parents, in-laws and faraway friends sent cards and electronic greetings.

Maizie gave me honor of changing the worst diapers ever known to man. Nuclear.

Flipper made me lose both my lunch and dinner.

Thanks, kids!

Really, in spite of being sick and both Jason and I working on some pretty rough deadlines, I had a good day. I feel like this year (and this decade) is going to be a great one. We have so many blessings coming up in the next four months alone. I'm so thankful to be 30 and to have confidence that I am right where I am supposed to be doing exactly what I'm suppposed to be doing. I certainly didn't have that confidence when I turned 29!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I didn't even know it was your b-day! What kind of friend am I? Hope you had a great day. The 30's are fun..... I promise!

Mark said...

So, let's put that camera to work and get some pics of my granddaughter posted!